Thursday, May 26, 2011

Living the Promise

      Entering this new world gives me ideas that basically constitute the future of my life. “Why?” is the simple question for that but it is also the beginning of the things that will happen. Do I have the vocation that they are looking for? On some point it is NO but it’s definitely a YES for me. The Dominican blood runs deeply on our family, my mother being a graduate of the University of Santo Tomas (UST) and my father and brother were alumni of Colegio De San Juan De Letran.

Since I was young and you can say innocent, I dreamed of becoming a priest. It was an unusual burst of hope that was special compared to the ordinary hopefuls like me. I believe that God wills our own destiny and we humans have that freedom to set forth our plan towards our own decisions. This particular belief I think is the idea that separates me to my beloved and respected co-aspirants, the strength and wisdom to make myself on the position to fulfill the game plan that I have previously set up. For me, I think my own heart and soul will love this way of life and that is why my mind tells me to persevere by vocation even at the hardest of times.


We should understand that every man created by God was made for a mission and that simply reveals the meaning and the purpose of our life here on Earth. For I am the Son of His most high, living what my heart dictates me and fulfilling the choices he built for me. Here on St. Albert’s, I understand that my life will turn upside down as time passes by. The only negative when we fail to observe this kind of way is that the unexpected downfall comes from within, if we stop working with the best decisions that we should instill on our life. As the Corinthians said, “As the spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like him and reflect his glory even more.” For now, life goes on and the magical dream has kept the impossible possible, so it gets even better in the eyes of the Lord.

-         John Andrew Sarreal Bautista


No comments:

Post a Comment